← Back to File Transfer for Windows
Answers to some common questions about File Transfer for Windows.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit versions supported), and Windows 8
- Windows Installer 3.1 (available here)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64, available here)
- Apple Bonjour (available here)
Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP in April, 2014 (more info). File Transfer desktop app does no longer support Windows XP to keep our product offerings in-line.
Note: Please stop all antivirus and firewalls before the install and enable them after the install is complete.
This usually happens when there is a problem installing this application into the ClickOnce store. Either the application has an error or the store is corrupted. To fix the problem:
- From the Windows Start menu choose Run (Or Windows Key + R)
- Enter the following, depending on your version of Windows, then click the OK button:On Windows XP:
On Windows VISTA/7:
- Delete the
- Run or Install File Transfer
We carefully check each single file we distribute, with many different antivirus engines, before and after publishing them on our website. Different third party companies then periodically scan the same files to ensure they continue to be 100% clean:
So, if your antivirus detects a malware on File Transfer, it's a false positive.